ROTARY'S FIVE AVENUES OF SERVICE
For years, Rotary’s commitment to Service Above Self has been channeled through the Avenues of Service, which form the foundation of club activity. The five Avenues of Service are: Club Service, Vocational Service, Community Service, International Service and New Generations.
- Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club.
- Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards. Rotary club projects related to this avenue, offering opportunity for clubs and districts to use their professional skills in service projects.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community.
- International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace. Rotarians can support International Service by sponsoring a project in another country, seeking international project partners to support projects in their own communities, or by personally volunteering at an international project site.
- New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities as RYLA, Rotaract and Interact, service projects, and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth Exchange